Monday, April 25, 2011

First Step

In order for someone to get better at something – one must practice.

One of my dreams is to write. But I have far too many excuses and distractions to keep me from actually writing. One of my struggles is that I want to arrive at the destination before ever actually going on the journey. And because I haven’t arrived (whatever “arrived” actually means), I never actually take any steps to get to my destination. I, essentially, remain immobile – imagining dreams while life passes by.

So – that’s why I’m writing this today. I want to start taking little steps towards a destination. I want to start living more on purpose. I want to take little steps.

So – one goal: Write on this blog 2-3 times a week. Even if it’s short. I want to try this for a year – give myself an end date so that I can look back on what was produced.

The date is April 25 – 2011. End date: April 25 – 2012.

Here's to taking the first step...

No comments:

Post a Comment