Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Music Number One

Sunday Music.

To take a break from writing - on Sunday's I'm gonna share some of my favorite music.  I'm stealing the playlist of another blogger, not gonna lie.  ha.  Good Sunday, rest day blog.

Toad the Wet Sprocket was one of my favorite bands as a kid.  The lead singer went off on his own and started a solo career - among a lot of random side projects. Plover is a pretty awesome side project - as well as Works Progress Administration (WPA).

This is a song for WPA.  I heard it at the right time in my life.  It's about hope and hurt at the same time - disillusionment and struggle.  The lines: "there is a silence in the bedroom, a rustle in the hall, in the shadow of a love that became a wall...'  spoke in a deep place to me after my divorce.  Now it's one of my favorites.  Very folk.  Love it.  enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment