Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Road Trip!

For a while now, I've been on the fence about going on a road trip down to San Diego - specifically the Storyline Conference with Donald Miller and Bob Goff.  In some ways, it's a little irresponsible.  I'll be broke by the end of it - and won't get paid until the 10th of next month.

But, I always seem to make excuses about things like this.  I have the perfect break to go - it's the perfect time - and I get to hang out with really good friends on the way down - etc.  Super fun adventure!

It's funny how much fear motivates me sometimes.  There's a lot of unknowns with going.  The moment I decided to actually go, I started wondering "what if I get in an accident down there..." and other stupid thoughts like that.  Fear can paralyze.  It's kinda weird.  I want to live a life worth living - not be paralyzed by fear!

I thought of my friend Tom - who's way up in the entertainment industry.  What I love about him is that he seems to have no fear of failure or rejection.  It's quite inspiring actually.  And - from an outside perspective - he literally lives one adventure after the next.  When he was a high school kid, my mantra was "Seize the day!" - as his coach and YL leader.  I had no hand in what Tom did with his life, for sure - but he sure is living life to the fullest - seizing the every day.

If I stayed home, I'd be playing it safe.  There's no risk with playing it safe.  With no risk - there's no reward.  Yet - how often do I play it safe??

Much more than I'd like to admit, unfortunately.

Well - here's throwing caution to the wind...Road Trip!!

Jer

No comments:

Post a Comment